Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Goodbye Thanksgiving

I haven't been up to too much. I don't really remember what I did on Monday. Yesterday I had my first day of work at Kirkland's. Hopefully I can get more hours since I had to quit the other part-time job due to "conflicts of interest". The first shift was good. We were taught how to work the basics of the register and a bunch of us new hires took turns with customers. Michael has been doing some early Christmas shopping - for both of us. He bought the Harry Potter Blu Ray 8-pack with all of the movies. Then the following day picked up the book "Harry Potter: Page to Screen, the Complete Filmmaking Journey"! It's 531 large pages, filled with pictures that I haven't even partially looked through. 
Of course there are notes and stories along the way, about when the producer picked up the book and why Harry and Hermione don't possess the strong facial features that they do in the book (green eyes & buck teeth).
I've been baking cookies a lot lately and watching old episodes of "Gossip Girl". Today Michael was taking all the pictures - some of me with a Who nose during the day and more high contrast ones at night. I didn't particularly like how those turned out. As I drive around at night, I notice that lots of people already have Christmas lights up and Thanksgiving isn't until next week. I was part of a conversation this weekend where everyone agreed that in about five years, Thanksgiving will no longer exist. Or if it does, it will only be so everyone knows when Black Friday is. I think the Amish should try and do something about that. <end rant>

No comments:

Post a Comment