Tuesday, November 29, 2011

On-Set Prep

Tomorrow is the "big day". I begin my on-set BTS photography. I believe the crew for Full Sail's 35mm, Murder of Crows, already has someone doing this particular job, but I have been invited to update my portfolio as well. I think one of my biggest pet peeves (aside from huge bushes near stop signs so you can't see if there are any cars coming until you are in the middle of the road) is lack of communication. My personal problem is more with relationships, but for a film crew.. I'd really like to know what's going on, so I can remain professional myself.
I may be updating my next few blog posts very early in the morning, depending on how long I stay at the shoot each night. This group shoots from 5PM-5AM. Not sure if I can stay awake that long, especially with the 40 minute drive on the ride home, continuing on the same stretch for most of the way. I'll jot some notes of how the filming went.
Michael ordered the "Movie Photos" book by on-set photographer, Alex Bailey. Another early Christmas present, I suppose? When I checked Amazon, the price had jumped to $160, since they only had two copies left. And that was for a soft cover. Luckily I found another website that had it for only $42 - not sure of the reasoning for such the large price difference. However, it may be a month before it arrives in my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment