Friday, March 29, 2013

Employment Dance!!


I just got a career-step offer, which I graciously accepted, to be an emergency dispatch operator for the alarm company American Two-Way. This feeling needs to be logged. It is an incredible and powerful feeling of overwhelming excitement, joy, and relief. If it were a color, it would be an Amber Gold like the sun I feel on my face, energizing me to be ready for any call that comes my way. On a scale from 1 to 10, its off the charts; at least a 12, as if I need to take my shoes off to let out the goodness that is swirling within my body. But I don't want to. I want to keep this high. Also I am very thankful to #1 (God) for providing #1 on our list as mentioned two posts ago (getting a job).

I typed "happiness" in the Pinterest search bar and these were some of the pictures that showed up first. I think they all describe me in different ways. Marilyn, expressing my running around and internal dance party. The girl in the middle holding it in, while it's trying to burst out of her (how I feel as I sit typing this and texting everyone) and the girl in shorts, my big "pheeeew!" in life, knowing I can take a break from the job searching and enjoying the major stress decrease.
It was great that American Two-Way has the fastest hiring process ever. I got the first call just last Friday. The guy asked if I was willing to work night shift and when I said "of course", he put my name on the list. He called me again on Monday, leading to my interview at 2pm on Tuesday. Yesterday, he called again saying that I was a "finalist" for the job and that he was impressed with my interview, but I still needed to meet with the main boss. However, today at 1:34 I got a very important call: they offered me the job on the spot. His exact words were, "So, are you ready to work?" Oh my goodness, yes!! He said to not worry about the other interview and told me that I start on Wednesday at 9am. The following week I will have a couple days to transition my body to night shift.

1 comment:

  1. That is so exciting! I love how you described your feelings with the pictures... a picture is worth a thousand words! I'm so happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete