Thursday, March 14, 2013

Hollywood Museum

Yesterday Michael and I went to the Hollywood Museum. Thankfully, my mom suggested I look up a Groupon for a "Buy-One, Get-One" deal and they had it, which really came in handy since we had to pay $20 for parking! Lame.
This post is going to mainly be the things I was most excited to see, such as the Judy Garland pictures and items that she once owned. I'm even listening to her Biography movie via YouTube, that I watch all the time, as I type this post. Here is a replica of her dressing room along with make up she used (Max Factory was the main beauty make up artist at this time) and her baby doll dresses, from when Judy still went by her real name: Frances Gumm.
The second and third floors covered a lot of information about Loretta Young and Jean Harlow. I have not heard of Loretta Young before, although there were many pretty pictures of her from the 1930's and 40's. I learned last week (during a Shirley Temple biography movie) that Jean Harlow and Clark Gable were talked about being traded from MGM to Fox so Shirley could play Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz. But Jean Harlow died from kidney failure soon after, so the deal was off. Aside from that, I know nothing about her. However, I did find great joy when I came across the prom dresses and tuxedos for the "Night to Remember" dance scenes in High School Musical 3!! I took a bunch of pictures of those, but will only post this one:
They had a downstairs area with "darker" costumes from movies such as Phantom of the Opera, Underworld and Silence of the Lambs. Michael went down and told me it wasn't scary, but he always says that and the hallway that I could see was already too "Halloween creepy" for me. But he took these pictures from The Walking Dead and Harry Potter:
Michael also pointed out an Order of the Phoenix poster and it had three pairs of shoes. It was the shoes that Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint wore to the ceremony where they put their hand prints in the cement! I thought that was verrrry cool. We were planning to go to a restaurant that has a Burger-and-Side deal for only five bucks on Wednesdays. But since we got out of the museum a little before 4pm and the restaurant didn't open again for dinner until 530, we went grocery shopping instead and may get the burgers next week.

3 comments:

  1. This museum is one of those places where you really want to go slow and soak it all in. And take pictures. Very interesting. -D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't go downstairs even after hearing about the HP things? I'm shocked! ;) Yay for that groupon deal! It's cool that your area has so many touristy things to do... lots of fun Saturdays for you guys! Our area doesn't have a lot to do- we have to drive to different activities. But everything fun is about 2 hours away (other than you, of course) so it's not too bad of a drive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looooooove the dresses in HSM 3 but particularly the gabriella's dress!!

    ReplyDelete