Monday, November 4, 2013

Porter Ranch, CA

  Over the past few trips Michael and I have made 20 miles Northwest to beautiful, clean, expensive Porter Ranch, usually for dinner at Souplantation or an errand run to Wal-Mart, I always noticed cars parked on the side of the road at the beginning of a trail. And for the past few months, I have wanted to go down that trail (Limekiln Canyon Trail). And today we did, after Michael bought some fabric at Jo Ann's for Sasha's airplane carrier.
  Today was much cooler (72 degrees, but also over cast and windy) than it was when we hiked at Griffith Park on Saturday. I should probably check the weather more often when I get dressed instead of assuming that every day is going to be hot, like it is in central Florida! It didn't seem as cold once we got into the "forest" area since all of the trees blocked the wind. 
^^ Stretching my hammies, as recommended! ^^
  Michael thought the area was really pretty, reminding him of Birmingham. I did too, and finally I was able to see a few trees with changing yellow and orange leaves. Obviously I used the small camera for these pictures. They did not all turn out exactly in focus, but I still really liked the running water and rocks and leaves on the ground.
  I also loved this little "tree house" that we found. We had to duck down to get into the "front door", and then we found another pretty area with more streams, rocks and trees with hearts around the names of "young people" who were once in love, or maybe still are!
  On our way back to the car, we stopped to see how many pull ups we can do. I don't think we were really trying. And we both cheated, using that rock to push off. I even laughed, asking Michael how many he pulls ups he would have done to impress me, if this was one of our first dates. He was honest and said probably not more than two! He said he pulled his pectoral muscles, ha. 
  We drove over to Northridge Mall (about 10 minutes South of Porter Ranch) because Michael has been wanting to see the movie, Bad Grandpa, starring Johnny Knoxville as an old man! The make up effects were really good and it made me bring up the topic again of how I wish he could make me into a grandma, but he says it involves sculpting a full face and he doesn't like sculpting. The movie was funny and I laughed a few times. Michael liked it a lot and plans to buy it later, especially if they have a detailed behind the scenes video about the make up pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment