Sunday, July 31, 2016

A Visit from the Gores

This past Tuesday (July 26) Michael and I picked up his parents and younger brother from the airport. I was able to spend extra time with them that evening since the 911 Recruitment Panel I was scheduled to go to got postponed until the fall. We ran errands to Target (looking for a rug and chairs for the dining room) and then to Lowes where his parents bought us.. "a braaand neeeew griiilll"!!  Then we had Mrs. Patty's birthday dinner at Bahama Breeze. I worked the next two days, but was able to meet them for dinner. Cooper's Hawk on Alafaya Trail on Wednesday and on Thursday Michael grilled his famous lemon pepper chicken- so good! We also had potato salad, macaroni salad, rolls and ate baked beans out of Star Wars  and Wizard of Oz mugs! It was like a belated 4th of July** meal. 

These pictures below are from Friday:
Michael and I have wanted to try Keke's Cafe for a long time and finally went with his parents that morning. Our service was pretty fast since only about 10 other people were there at 8:45. They had a very nice sized menu and decent prices. I'd like to take my parents, but we'd have to split the meal -great portion sizes. The sausage was cooked really well, as was my french toast, and the bacon looked really crispy. Everyone ordered something different and it all looked wonderful!! 

After breakfast we stopped by our house so Michael could change into his biking outfit (the rest of us were already dressed for fitness!). We started at the Winter Garden station where Dr. Gore, Mrs. Patty, and Parker rented bikes ($7/hour per person). I tried to stay with the family, but sometimes my inner child had to zoom past everyone and keep going until Michael yelled for me to slow down. I really liked looking behind me on the ride back and seeing Dr. Gore standing on his pedals like a carefree child as we all rolled down the way. We rode 14.35 miles in 1 hour and 40 minutes, for an average of 8.7 MPH.
**For the 4th of July after work, Michael drove to Clermont with me and we watched the fireworks over one of the lakes. We were supposed to meet Alana and Cody there, but the place was so big and they ended up finding a spot way on the other end of where we were. So we didn't get to see them that time, but it was still very nice. Here are my pictures from that:

No comments:

Post a Comment