Monday, August 22, 2016

Canada or Bust, eh?!

On Sunday (August 14th- I'm big on remembering dates), we woke up at 7am, which was still sleeping in for me considering I have to wake up at 5am for work as I have been permanently back on day shift since July 4th. I'm okay with that because it makes my days off seem longer. I got in the front seat with Uncle Larry while Mommy sat in the back with Aunt Paula. The drive was about four hours and it seemed to go by slowly, but eventually we got there!

We first stopped at a gas station/ rest area in New York that had a few restaurants inside. We had to walk through an enclosed bridge with windows so you could watch and wave to the cars speeding underneath us. We got pretzels from Auntie Anne's and I got a picture of myself standing by one of the windows. My first picture being in New York since I was a baby. Aunt Paula, Uncle Larry and Jessica (when we was a baby) lived in Fishkill, NY. I have seen pictures and videos in their basement there, but I sure don't remember it. I really want to visit NYC, but that will be another mother-daughter trip for another year since Michael doesn't care to go.

Driving through Buffalo, NY:
 ^^ On the Peace Bridge from America to Canada. Uncle Larry pointed out the flags below that show you when you're crossing over from one country to the other.
 They drive in kilometers instead of miles, so it looked like we were speeding!! The QEW stands for Queen Elizabeth Way. Did you know that? I didn't. :)
Editing these driving pictures makes me think of all the ones I took during our trip across the country from Florida to California in 2013! Moose and Buffalo statues were another type of country peace decoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment