Sunday, April 7, 2019

Appalachian Trail Adventures

   I have said many times that my favorite part of our vacation a few weeks ago was when we were hiking part of Hog Pen Gap on the Appalachian Trail. The main post with medical information about Emma is on her blog, but I have some extra photos here (and a couple repeats).
   We hiked Hog Pen Gap twice on our trip this time because it was only 10 minutes from where our cabin was. This first part was on a sunny day when we brought Sasha with us. I have so many more posts that I want to get written, so I'm not going to write much, plus there are details on Emma's blog.
 Emma sleeping on the way back. All of Daddy's walking motion must have been so soothing.
   Sasha was so warn out from "protecting" us, aka aggressively barking at everyone who passed by. I did like seeing all the thru-hikers. It's normal for people to hike from Georgia to Maine between March and October, so we saw a lot of people who had recently started. One group had matching brown knitted hats with a white rectangle on the front. I loved that cute idea, understanding the reference. The Appalachian Trail has white rectangle markers on trees every so often!
   Another day that week, when Michael's mom was with us, we took her to see Neels Gap. Again, you can see more pictures from that on Emma's blog, but here are some extra photos.
the abandoned boot tree
 ^^ Part of the trail that goes around the store from their shelters you can stay in.
   We all got new shirts from the Neels Gap store, and this was Emma's! ^^ The day we went to Hog Pen Gap with Michael's mom, the weather was very cold and foggy, but I loved it. Michael's car said it was only 46 degrees, at the end of March, but it had rained a lot the day before.
Got that baby bundled up!
   We went less than a mile before having to turn around. I really wish we could have climbed so much higher and been able to get an amazing view from a rick cliff like we have in the past, but that wasn't possible this time with Emma and Michael having to wear the 30 pounds ventilator backpack. The medical backpack I was carrying only weighed 10 pounds.
   Some other AT posts from previous years ~ at Amicalola Falls with Michael's family in November 2015 and hiking up Blood Mountain when I was six months pregnant with Emma, April 2017! I'm so interested right now to find more pictures that I took from those trips that I didn't put on my blog before.
   Edit, 5 mins later: Boom Shakalaka!! Already found them! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment