Saturday, June 20, 2020

My 33rd Birthday

   I had to work on my birthday- a Thursday, just as it was on the day of my birth- but later I was thinking it was actually nice being at work. Partly because it was not busy that day and I got to stay in Teletype vs answering 911 calls for half of the shift. And also because I got to be around people I enjoy and the past few birthdays I haven’t been able to celebrate with anyone, besides Michael and Emma. And those “celebrations” were very minimal as we were celebrating Emma’s birthday the next day. I will write about those later down in this post. 
   A week or so before my birthday, I sent Alex (my work BFF) pictures of this scene of a party from The Office:
 Alex has been getting more interested in The Office, it seems, since I always turn one of the TVs to Comedy Central at work on the weekends. I hoped she would do something similar to the “lame Office decorations” at work, but I was not going to be upset if she did not. However, I was very pleased when I walked in the room last week and she did!! It was perfect and made me feel good every time I came back in the room from my breaks.    I got a fluffy vanilla cake with strawberries, free lunch from Chipotle including chips and queso, and a brownie from the fire department people downstairs. A few people sang happy birthday, including a dance video that my mom, Peyton, and Helena sent with the Zoom alien song. It is never officially my birthday until I hear that. 



(I’ll write more later.)



No comments:

Post a Comment