Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Dear Michael

  I've been taking you for granted. 
You are a wonderful, selfless man and you could have walked away at anytime in the past eight years, but you never did. 
I know you never will, but you could. 
And I need to remember that. 
You are your own person. 
Someone else could have met you first at the exact right time. 
Someone else could be blushing at all of your flirty remarks, the over-exaggerated winks, and laughing at all of the funny things you say. 
Someone else could be the one to melt into your soft lips and warm body. 
But you chose me back then. 
You still choose me every day, and I take that for granted at times. 
I have been lately at least, in the sad business between work, errands, and mandatory NICU visits. 
You gave me the best gift I could ever ask for, in the form of a three-pound baby. 
I needed that. 
We both did, but I'll always need you too. 
I should work harder to show it better and love you as hard as I say I do.




Thoughts written on Sunday while reading Nirrimi's "Goodbyes" blog post. Photo sent to me from Michael on August 24, 2016. When I posted it on Instagram, I used the following caption:
"Sometimes I can't handle how amazing my husband is! He is so sweet, cute, smart, talented & super hilarious!! My heart might explode!!"  ♡

1 comment:

  1. Marriage takes work. But, hopefully, the work will be fun most of the time. -D

    ReplyDelete