Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Reasons Why Michael is the Best Husband

  1. He doesn’t try to change me.
  2. Doesn’t mind/ goes along with when I change myself (eating vegan for three months, dabbling in meditation/yoga) 
  3. Wanted to marry me even though he knew I get cranky a lot about dumb / little stuff.
  4. He is a great dad! 
  5. He lets me get away with being lazy at least 75% of the time.
  6. He calls me out on my laziness and lets me know when I need to be better -clean up the house/ help with chores
  7. He is hilarious & does super dramatic yet accurate impressions of me.
  8. He has an amazing smile, especially when he is laughing or when he has made me laugh/ watching me laugh.
  9. He likes to make me laugh & he is super good at it. 
  10. Very proud of him for getting down to 185 pounds in Dec 2016-March 2017 by eating healthy/less & jogging!
  11. He has never told me I’m fat.
  12. Tells me often how beautiful I am (even without makeup) or that I smell good (even before I take a shower)
  13. Tells me that I am a good writer 
  14. Likes the things I scrapbook
  15. Really great to talk to and have long conversations with, especially laughing and kissing in bed
  16. He flirts with me when we’re driving separately or blows me kisses
  17. He catches my eye and winks at me
  18. He always asks whats wrong and really wants to know, and listens even when I’m upset about the same things
  19. He talks so sweetly to Emma
  20. Often thinks of nice things to do for other people (getting Brian and his girlfriend a little Christmas tree and lights/ornaments when they didn’t have extra money for one)
  21. He tells me his dreams in the morning 
  22. He can build awesome stuff: dining room table, bookshelves, deck
  23. He is very crafty and creative: making door wreath, plus Star Wars costumes
  24. Handy around the house: changing light bulbs, fixing sprinkler heads, etc
  25. Likes the house looking/smelling nice
  26. Gives good massages (at least for Valentines and my birthday)
  27. He always offers his arm for me to hang on to when we walk in the snow (in Michigan) and says he likes me holding his arm
  28. He is open with communication and asks lots of questions (what am I thinking about, how do I feel)
  29. A really hard worker: never takes sick days even if he’s tired or feels sick 
  30. Trusts me with our money/ budget
  31. Does a lot of things I want to do (including exploring old pioneer farms)
  32. Does lots of little things to make me happy
  33. A super good friend to other people & goes out of his way to make them feel good (decorating VAMP classroom for Brian’s birthday)
  34. Fun sense of fashion for himself and is good at picking out my outfits
  35. Tells me his biggest secrets!!
  36. He reminds me that we are perfect together and that he couldn’t ask for a better wife
  37. He never “makes me” have sex & was sooo patient when I didn’t want to much during pregnancy or couldn’t for 10 weeks after Emma was born
  38. Did the Catholic Engagement Encounter required for marriage 
  39. Did the Catholic Marriage Encounter in California to help our marriage 
  40. Never took me seriously (in a bad way) when I mentioned divorce the first few years.. knew I was a dumb fool and was just really stressed
  41. Kept liking me during Full Sail (college) even when we broke up twice and we didn’t start dating or kiss anyone else during those weeks
  42. Called my mom for advice about me when I was cranky
  43. Does nice things to make up after a fight even though I am often the one who should be apologizing first
  44. Took 2 “high school jobs” he didn’t like so we could pay my student loans: worked at Salvatore’s Pizza and Academy sports
  45. Makes sure he is a good husband and asks what he can do to be better 
  46. Grabs my hand when we are walking
  47. Wipes my tears and holds me when I am crying
  48. Asks what he can do to make things better when I’m stressed or sad about Emma/ hospital stuff
  49. He helps calm me down and be positive after I’d work myself into a lot of overdramatic/ irrational stress
  50. Can tell if I sound “off” on the phone at the end of a conversation and calls me back 30 seconds later to check
  51. Very “go with the flow” so he doesn’t complain about my crazy brain when one day I say we need to put $4,000 in savings but the next day I suggest we go out to eat
  52. Fine with having only one TV in the apartment/ house


Reasons I First Liked Him ~
  1. Believes in God
  2. Handsome (tall and skinny with glasses!)
  3. Funny
  4. Smart/ street smarts
  5. Really nice
  6. Doesn’t cuss often
  7. Wears his seatbelt/ safe driver
  8. Doesn’t really care about sports or politics (just like me!)
  9. Doesn’t play video games 
  10. Doesn’t smoke or do drugs
  11. Has good relationship with family 
  12. His parents are super great/ fun and his dad is a good person “to become”
  13. Cute dog
  14. Great kisser with soft lips
  15. We are both creative people
  16. Same humor/ likes poop & fart jokes
  17. Likes Harry Potter movies/ going to Universal park for “HP Land”
  18. He lets me take a lot of pictures and always smiles for them
  19. Sleeps with the fan on and uses two pillows
  20. Calls me “Love” like a British man


BONUS: when I read him these lists and said “So I should never have anything to get mad at you about, right?” He said “No, thats not true”.

No comments:

Post a Comment