Monday, October 16, 2017

My Young Husband

  Michael and I make jokes around our birthdays about how I'm so much older than him. It feels that way more from June 11th to October 11th while I'm "two" years older than him in numbers. Until last Thursday, I was 30 and he was 28, but now he's catching up again and is 29. But 30 doesn't seem that old anymore and even 60 doesn't seem old since that is the age our parents are in the area of. Now 90 seems old, so we have a ton more years to keep being young. And I often feel "Full Sail young" (age 22), especially when I'm dancing to music in my car at red lights. Tired half of the time and paying a mortgage, but still young. =)
Hubba hubba!! *heart eyes emoji* (photo taken by his mom)
   Anyway, this post is about my amazing husband! ☆  ♡  ✞
On Thursday after walking with Jackie, I met Michael at VAMP for birthday lunch at Panera. I felt kind of bad after, kicking him out of my car because I had an hour to get home and pump before getting to the hospital at 2:15 so I could hold Emma before the nurse started feeding her at 2:30. That night we went out to eat again since he wanted to go to Chili's. The next day his mom drove down, but I barely got to see her since I worked all weekend. They invited me to dinner at Bahama Breeze, but I went to the hospital instead due to the scheduling. On Saturday they went to the Farmers Market so Michael could get more juicy mangos, then they saw Emma, went for a bike ride, and out to eat again at a Thai Place Michael likes, then to see Emma again. On Sunday they saw Emma, ran errands to Target and Babies R Us where they picked up curtains for Emma's room, a cute bathing suit for her to use later when we can play in the baby blowup pool outside at home, and a "big girl" bathtub to use at the hospital. She's too big for those little gray buckets now!  On Sunday they saw her two more times, then made dinner at the house. Luckily his mom was still there when I got home after work, so I got to see her for 45 minutes before she drove back to her hotel and then left early this morning.
   I was really glad that she got a picture of him with some of his presents. She made the best photo album with a ton of pictures of Emma starting with when we told them I was pregnant last November. He opened the ones from me and my parents on Friday night. I got him The 100, Season 1 and Hook.  I also made him a card telling him how he is such a great husband and dad. Sometimes I feel like he needs (and wants) those reminders. He often asks Emma how we got so lucky to have her, but its us who are the lucky ones because we have Michael! I put two of our recent favorite pictures of us with Emma on the front and back of the card so he could take it to work as a make shift picture frame.

   I like to link back to previous related events in my posts, so here is the post from Michael's 28th birthday, but I never wrote about what we did for his 27th birthday in 2015. That might have been the year that he went to see a movie by himself because I didn't want to go. I'm not sure why I didn't since it was a cute kiddy movie (Hotel Transylvania 2) and not something scary and creepy, but later that night I felt bad and got dressed up then met him at the theater when the movie ended and "made him" go to dinner with me.. still makes the day sound like it's about me.. I need to work on that, but hopefully I've gotten better about it in the past two years!! Michael still asks me to go to Halloween Horror Nights with him every year, but I can't do that again.
   So in 2015, to make up for being a tooty pop head, the next day I asked him what else he wanted to do to celebrate, and he suggested kayaking at Shingle Creek in Kissimmee. I only have two pictures below from that which were saved in my email- thank goodness they were titled decently since I forget where on my laptop that I put my million of pictures years later. (We've been backing up all of our Emma pictures in several places and I try to keep those organized by month.) In the third picture with us wearing gray, I can only assume it was around the same time since it was in the same email.
   This year Michael said he wanted to go kayaking again, but found a different area. We woke up early and he drove us to Wekiva Island (close to Wekiwa Springs, and no that's not a spelling error. Half of the names in that area are Wekiva with a V and the other half are with a W.. confusing!). It had free parking which was wonderful since the springs cost $6 per car, although the kayaking was not cheap! But since it was for his birthday, his parents paid for it. They are super generous that way. I also love how his mom keeps complimenting me on my strength during the past four months- how strong I was in my C-section recovery, how we are learning so much medical stuff for Emma, and how I've been dedicated and have lost almost all of the baby weight already! Go me!.. I promise this post is about Michael! :)
  We rented the kayaks for almost 4 hours!! I tried really hard to keep a positive attitude when my arms were sore and we had to paddle against the current on the way back and I couldn't stop or I'd be pushed backwards. One arm felt sore the next day, but it wasn't bad. Michael said he didn't have any soreness, and I was so proud of him being responsible about applying more sunscreen every hour so he didn't get burnt! After kayaking Michael stopped by the food truck in the parking lot and ordered chicken tenders with fries and mango coleslaw. I loved that they had five vegetarian options and the veggie burger did sound good, but I waited until we got home to eat. We napped when we got home, then he said he wanted to go to Sweet Tomatoes for dinner. Ooooh, now who is trying to stretch out a birthday extravaganza?! ;)  We also have plans to go to Typhoon Lagoon on Saturday. I hope the weather is as clear and sunny as it was out today. Woooo, fun life!!
 And so much love from me, Emma, and Sasha!! You are the best ever. Like, for real. Other people may think that they have the best husband in the world, but they don't even know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment