Sunday, March 10, 2019

Horton House Build

    Lindsey texted me the other day asking if I would be available after the baby shower to stop by and see their new house. Michael and I drove by it last year when it was an empty field with a SOLD sign in the front and she has sent me many pictures over the months, but it was really fun to go inside and get the tour with her and her husband, Carl.  I'm glad I was able to get a few nice family photos for them too! I love our Canon T7i.
   During the tour they appropriately pointed out each bedroom, bathroom, and closet. In the photo below they said it will most likely be the guest bedroom, and Carl quickly said, "This is where you, Michael, and Emma will stay when you come to visit." That was so nice to hear. Definitely a fun plan!! I also really liked Luke's positivity about the time frame of the build ~ "It will be done before you can count to one!"
    We were all cautious about loose nails on the ground and where the boys stepped as we were walking around and they found opportunities to turn everything into a toy, such as Luke digging for "fossils" when he saw a big rock lodged into the ground. So imaginative!
   I was glad to get a casual, but nice husband and wife maternity photo for them. And when they did this family photo, once Luke heard the camera shutter, knowing it had taken one picture, he quickly ran off again and continued playing. I played "racers" with him when I finished taking pictures. We pushed the round pieces on the patio to see whose would roll the farthest. (Other photos via iPhone.)
Stay tuned for "Horton House Tour 2020" when I go back next year and take all the same pictures, but with carpet or hardwoods and furniture, after they are moved in and settled with their new baby! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment