Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Carnival Sunshine, Part II

This is the post about the three stops we made in the Bahamas during our cruise in February 2016:

Nassau: 
   Ah, the famous Atlantis Towers! It was a beautiful view for breakfast on the ship.
  ^^ Police car! Notice how it says their emergency number is 919?
 ^^ The soap store that my parents always stop in. They have gone on these short 4-5 day cruises so many times that my dad told me that sometimes they don't even get off the ship! But that would be a great time to use the cruise pool and slides and such since probably at least half off the people are in town. Notice the horse's little hat below?
   ^^ With my bag full of goodies.
  I still have a bunch of those cards that I haven't mailed, since I usually mail typed letters or scrapbook cards. I don't use pre-made cards often, yet I still feel the need to buy all the pretty ones! I believe I gave the gray.. reindeer?.. to Mia, but I have the yellow one and the dragon on my book shelf. The pink rolls are soap. The best smelling scent! Not sure what the scent is since I used them after the trip.. Maybe Summertime? If I'm reading the blurry font correctly.
   ♫ "What tiiime is iiit?!" ♪ ♬ Alana knows what's up! ;) 


Half Moon Cay:
   At this port we had to take shuttle boats that held maybe 200 people each. I don't remember if we were assigned a time or previously chose a time to go down to the "ship basement" to get on the boat, but I don't think we waited long and the ride was maybe 5-10 minutes. I don't have a picture of the boat though. I'm sure my mom got one --or five-- but she doesn't have a blog yet. 
^^ The water was so beautiful, but cold. Hence only going knee deep.
For lunch, which was free/included, there was a pavilion where people were grilling tons of hamburgers and hot dogs. It has to be a ton of food considering the ship holds 3,000 passengers! 
They also had fruit and various salad mixes and chips. I don't remember what else since I'm just going by the picture of my plate I had. There are a bunch of pictures I'm not posting. 
You know what a hotdog looks like. & 99 seems like enough for these 3 posts! ;) 
 ^^ Bahama kitty! And there was a chicken with all her babies enjoying the crumbs we dropped.


Freeport Harbour:
  Starting with a necessary cliche palm tree photo! :)
  This was a pretty small area from what I remember, and the "stores" were like warehouses without any air conditioning. Still, my mom bought me a shirt from one, I think (probably because I complained about not wanting to spend $20 on it)? It was a bright orange tank top that you can see me wearing on the top of the ship during mini golf in the next post!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment