Wednesday, May 20, 2020

2009 Full Sail Visits

  Here are all the pictures during Full Sail, but not at school, specifically from September to December 2009, taken from trips up to Gainesville, Tallahassee to see Alana, and to Birmingham to visit Michael's family. My first trip back in July, a mere three weeks after school started, only lasted about 2 hours before I literally broke down crying and needed to get back. The first full visit was towards the end of August.
8/24/09
^^ At the beginning of September, I was there to celebrate my dad's birthday and the next
day Michael and I drove up to Tallahassee so he could meet my other BFF, Alana.
^^ Alana's brother Asher took pictures of us as we pretended to be Ashley Tisdale and
Vanessa Hudgens, with Michael as Zac Efron trailing behind the best friends
as they held hands even though Zac and Vanessa were dating! Haha. 
Around September 24th we had more time off (I wish I had a calendar of the schedule because
we ended up having a lot more time off or long weekends that I thought we would)
Michael drove me up to Birmingham so I could meet his parents and younger brother. 
^^ I also met his friend Kendall, her sister Ali, and their mom "Mama Toni".
Never mind- I guess we flew there because I also have airport photos..
   October 2009 looks to be a month that we did not leave Orlando. Instead a bunch of us were working on our Biogenesis Halloween project (for fun, not something we were required to do for school) and Michael and I went to Blizzard Beach for his birthday. We also went to Halloween Horror Nights since I got a free ticket from Anna who changed her mind about going. It was my first and last time. I feel like I have posted a few of those pictures from each mentioned event elsewhere on the blog in the past 8 years, so I am not adding more right now. This post has a lot of pictures already! :)
   November: It is possible I was there for the weekend because of it being my mom's birthday as my photos are telling me they are from November 8th & her birthday is the 7th. This time Alana came to Gainesville too ~
Hahaha I guess the girl next door and her friends wanted to be in our cool photo shoot too! They did a few
different poses with us. ^^ The girl in the blue shirt is Katie. My mom said she just graduated from high school! 
Then Mia came over (that's her old gold Volvo- old as in she has a light blue Prius now).
That's right, I bully my best friends into also being friends with each other! :D
I think we maybe spent the night in that tent together? Or maybe only Mia and I did, and Alana was
only there for one day and we banged out all those photo shoots above in a mere 3-4 hours? I believe it! ;) 
Looks like we got together with other high school friends too. Sharanya, Tonia, and Lindsey.
This was at Lindsey's house (she had gotten married recently, in June 2009) and we stayed for a couple hours.
 The next trip up was a few weeks later for Thanksgiving:
^^ that is always how my dinner plate looks at Thanksgiving, even when I'm not on a diet.
Playing around with Photo Booth with Grandma Re and Grandpa Narles. This was during the time they were
living in an assisted living place. They bought a small house (that my brother now lives in) the following Spring.
   **Wow, just got super distracted for the past 30 minutes reading a bunch of writing/ short story blurbs that I had written since 2008 that were on my laptop! Some are me rewriting actual events that happened, some were made up, some were written during Full Sail about stuff that happened but I kept mentioning Jeremy Chomsky being my boyfriend when it was really a conversation I had with Michael. I will definitely need to post a bunch of those on here too because they are interesting to go back and read, and many I don't remember writing.**
    On to December 2009, using details from a kind of junky scrapbook that I put together during that time ~ "Winter Break started around 2pm after our Storytelling final. Tomas videotaped a bunch of us as we walked to our cars. Yay!" But apparently I was sick with a cough and I burnt some cookies that I made because I thought the over turned off when the timer did. Obviously my mom did all the cooking at home for the first 22 years of my life and I learned nothing. And we gave Sasha a bath that she did not like as well as buying her a harness. Also I guess I called Michael "Nick" (because his voice reminded me of Nicholas Cage when I met him) for longer than I thought because I was still referring to him as Nick in this Christmas scrapbook. On December 20th, I drove to Naples to where Grandma Belva was living for many years and met my parents there for Christmas dinner. I also got to meet Grandma's boyfriend, Deane. Her husband/ Grandpa Hawey died of Alzheimer's back in August 1997.
   On the way up to Gainesville, after I had breakfast with Grandma and Deane, my mom rode with me and we talked about "Nick" most of the time. My scrapbook says we also played 21 questions. I used a lot of ink stamps in this scrapbook. I'm not a fan of those anymore. I even bought a shrimp stamp in 2016 (#RIP), but never used it. Later that day I hung out with Mia again! I felt extra awesome being 105 pounds because I remember her dad told me how great and healthy I looked, since the last time he saw me was in June before Full Sail when I was 20 pounds heavier. Mia had just gotten a nice haircut with highlights, so we had to take pictures of that! 
Looking like a #hotkittylawyer in my mom's old wool blazer!  The red dress was hers too.
   The following pages of the Winter Break scrapbook show that I left my mom a note asking her to call to see if I could go to the doctor for my cough, because Publix or CVS had the medicine I needed. Also we watched the cooking movie Julie and Julia staring Meryl Streep and Amy Adams. The next page looks like I did finally get a prescription from Publix, but it was $50 for one and $14.20 for the other!! 

    You can see a lot of my favorite Twilight/ New Moon premiere photo shoot pictures HERE, for the ones with Mia and Tonia from 12/23/09. Tonia was there from 2-4pm before she had to go to work. "Mia stayed for a while and we ran some errands. The guy at Walgreens liked my premiere idea! (I believe I was printing these pictures out so I could keep the scrapbook very updated.) After having dinner with Grandma and Grandpa - Papa John's pizza - Sharanya came over to watch the movie I Love You, Man. Click HERE, for the movie premiere pictures of just me and Michael!! Those were taken on Christmas Eve, which was our 5 month "anniversary" since we started dating on 07/24/09. He went to church with us that night, which made me very happy!! & That was the end of the scrapbook.
   Now for some Christmas Day photos: 
Grammy's smile is so precious here! ^^ 
 
 On Sunday, December 27th we flew up to Birmingham. His parents said they would pay for my ticket too! Sheesh! I wasn't yet used to this fancy lifestyle, but definitely was enjoying it, and I felt like being skinny and smokin' hot made me enjoy it even more!! The main reason we went up was because his older brother, Christopher, was getting married to Meredith the following weekend. But that was at the very beginning of January, so those will be in a later post.
^^ the view from their reception hotel (?) place in downtown Birmingham.
This was when Meredith was showing us where it would take place and I wanted to be involved
in all of the wedding festivities. I also got to hear NaNa tell stories about when her and Buddy were married.
He passed away in September that year - I was so sad I never got to meet him). 
   Lastly, for this post, we met up with Daniel Sparkman who was also from the Birmingham area, but Michael never knew him before Full Sail. I think maybe Daniel had dropped out of Full Sail before this point, even though I have him in November school photos, which was why we were meeting up with him? I don't remember if he couldn't pay the hefty tuition or he decided film school wasn't what he wanted to pursue. Both happened to a few other people we started with. This movie was sooooo long. I have never fully watched it a second time, but Michael picked one of the songs (from the end credits?) as our first dance at our wedding reception. I only cared that Glee songs/ covers were played the rest of the time! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment