Thursday, May 21, 2020

Almost Famous

  Okay, let's cut to the chase. The main reason I want to post all the Full Sail pictures is because I love seeing the pictures of myself! This chunk of my life - July 2009 to was so great for several reasons:
1. I finally got to live on my own (with roommates)/ move out of my parents' house after 22 years.
2. I quickly had a boyfriend, who later became my fiance, who is now my husband.
3. I had a hilarious new best friend (Ryan).
4. I got to my lowest weight I had been in a long time!
5. I was at fricken film school- a dream of mine for several years!!
6. I had bad (undiagnosed) depression and other issues, especially the whole year before Full Sail, so this new amazing experience was like a complete 180.
7. We were constantly learning new things. Nothing became boring or repetitive.
8. I could focus on school and didn't have to work/ have a job aside from being a good student.
9. I got to study things I was really interested in and had a much higher GPA there than in high school (the same went for Michael).
10. Did I mention that I had a boyfriend for more than 3 months and he didn't break up with me because I talk about celebrities too much and take too many pictures? ;) #noregrets

   These "movie premiere" pictures are from December 23 and 24th, 2009. My first big photo shoots after getting from 125 pounds to 105 pounds, which I achieved naturally without realizing at first by walking and biking to and from school almost every day, as well as taking care of Michael's dog, Sasha, which I later regretted because then he stopped taking care of her on his own, as if it became my duty just because I liked "having a dog" at the beginning of our relationship.. . Our apartment was only one mile away from school, and my Gainesville body was not used to all the frequent exercise, so it came off easily even though I wasn't eating any differently. However, at the beginning of November, I weighed myself for the first time in four months and saw I was 112. Then I began to eat healthier/ less fast food- there was (and still is) a Taco Bell, McDonald's, Wendy's, and Chick-Fil-A in the Full Sail parking lot areas. With these quiet easy tactics, I reached a very happy weight of 105 by Christmas!
And now for a change of wardrobe because they have separate premiere in New York and LA! 
    The London premiere the next day ~ celebrity life is busy!! 
The tattoo that started our relationship. ☆
I like this picture because you get a better look at the 8 bracelets I was wearing.
   A quick history of movie premieres: The first red carpet movie premiere took place in 1922 at the Egyptian therater on Hollywood Blvd in Los Angeles. Organized by Sid Grauman, the event was not only celebrating the opening of the Egyptian theater but also the release of Robin Hood starring Douglas Fairbanks. Info from redcarpetsystems.com.
  And the history of mine: My first home movie premiere- which surprisingly do not almost ever involve actually watching the movie we are "promoting"/ the posters we are standing in front of- was in January 2004 for Dumb and DumberER: When Harry Met Lloyd and done with my cousin, Jessica. We were actually in this movie, which came out in 2003, as unpaid extras! But we got to meet Shia LaBeouf, Eugene Levy, and Eric Christian Olsen, among others, which was pretty amazing! My first home premiere with friends was in February 2005 for Napoleon Dynamite with Sharanya, followed by Thin Obsession, with Mia, Tonia, and Sharanya, which was a 4-minute movie trailer that we made the year prior as a class project I made for TV Production in my junior year of high school. The most recent friend photo shoot I did with my friends was in front of the house, no posters on the garage door, not technically a premiere, at Christmas 2015 --> in the middle of this long, beautiful post.

   I have always wanted ("always" in since after June 2011) to have a Blood Widow premiere. I was hoping there would actually be a real one when the film was finally released in select theaters and available at Redbox in June 2014, but that never happened. I figured a lot of the actors would still possibly be in the Orlando area at that time- I know Jose Miguel Vazquez - who played Mark now lives in Atlanta. I think Gabbie Henry, who played the main character, still lives in Orlando. I should definitely invite her over for the six year belated "premiere"!!! It would be cool to see her again! However, I love having movie posters on the garage door and for some reason the Blood Widow posters online basically do not exist, and I don't have a high resolution photo to get made. That would probably be expensive anyway. I could always be old school and print out a bunch of pages that just say "Blood Widow" on them, all ghetto like, or expand the main picture from the DVD cover to fill a regular 8x11 printer page, which is what I used to do when I couldn't get old posters from the movie theaters or get the current popular ones from Wal-Mart for five bucks each. We'll see.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment