Thursday, June 12, 2014

Going to the Chapel

Yesterday I drove down from Birmingham to Gainesville. A seven hour drive with only one needed bathroom/ fuel break and no trouble staying awake. Thank you, Jesus! I said a lot of prayers about that one. Today was a very wonderful and special occasion ~ my brother got married. I cannot describe how happy I am that I got to be a part of it. My dad and I went to breakfast with Grandpa at 8:30am, then I got dressed up before going over to Zach and Jacquie's new place. It has great use of space and big walk in closets. I took pictures of Jacquie putting on her jewelry and one of her sisters curling her hair. Her family is so nice and it was great getting to meet most of them after hearing so many stories!
The ceremony lasted about ten minutes, but we were able to stay in the chapel for an hour. The officiant wedding script that her brother Russell gave was sweet and witty with a few Doctor Who quotes mixed into the end. Nerd alert, ha! Just kidding, it was really nice and they said their own vows before exchanging rings. Of course we took a lot of (687) really great pictures before and after. Jacquie did a great job of making sure I got every pairing of family members together- all the sisters, her with the sisters individually, grandparents, bride's family, groom's family, all of that. There were some pictures that I new I wanted and planned for, while others I tried just for fun that turned out really nicely. Everyone even did a silly picture when I set up the tripod and used the timer.
I really love how the Mini Polarids turned out as well. They were a tad underexposed, but the brown chapel door made it look like old photos from 1980. All the best wishes to my younger brother and his wife for life!! I'll post more family photos eventually, as well as pictures from when Sharanya drove up and visited after we got back from Hilton Head Island a few weeks ago.

1 comment:

  1. Hey look that's more pictures of me and my *gasp* husband! =D

    ReplyDelete