Saturday, May 11, 2013

Just Call Me Ms. Granger

OMG ~ I actually read a book! I feel as if this has not happened in a long time. I did get through that one around September last year.. [brain fart].. that autobiography story where the Pastor got hit by a semi and was dead for about three hours, but then came back to life after visiting Heaven then had to go through excruciating years of physical therapy.
Anyway, I went to the library last week- which is only 1.5 miles from our house, yay- and I put Mindy Kaling's book "Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me" on hold. I picked it up this past Wednesday and while reading it during slow times at work, got through it in only three days! It was easy since I find celebrity lives interesting (especially the stories of how they got where they are- mainly the ones who have to work hard to get there). Plus Mindy is a comedy writer and very dramatic and exaggerated, which I can relate to and find very funny. She went on about how she doesn't understand why people have one-night-stands, when all she can think about is how easy it would be for that person to murder you.
This morning I put "Bossypants" by Tina Fey, "Happy Accidents" by Jane Lynch and "Dad is Fat" by Jim Gaffigan on hold. I have a longer list, but if you keep an item on hold for too long, they charge you. So tonight, while I wait for those to become available, I will begin reading Michael Caine's book, "The Elephant to Hollywood". I took a photo of the back cover from when he was younger since I already know what he looks like now. Can you believe I got that book at Dollar Tree last year? For a dollar!! And people still wonder why I love those stores so much.
Eventually I need to read the full "Wicked" book by Gregory Maguire that Dawson gave me, aside from only seeing the wonderful Broadway play with my cousin Abby in the summer of 2009. The same goes for all of my Amish related stories, including the five-book "Jacob's Daughter" series that my mom got me for my birthday last year. But I need to be in Amish Mode to enjoy those more and right now I'm kind of in a Celebrity Mode. We do live in LA after all.

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I'm embarrassed to say I don't even remember the last book I read. I always feel like I'm wasting my time if I'm reading a fiction book, because it's taking away from my life to "pretend" to live in someone else's world... isn't that a ridiculous way to feel?! Instead, I get my "reading" fix through blogs... does that count? Probably not. Good for you for picking up actual books and reading them! Is Mindy the girl from The Office? I don't know Michael Caine. And if you haven't read it, you should read Heaven is For Real, that one is an easy read and it's pretty good! :) Let us know how the other books turn out and if you recommend any, and maybe I will join you in the reading quest. *maybe.* :)

    ReplyDelete