Friday, May 17, 2013

Story Blurb

Journal Post Only:

Facebook has changed how it looks again and it may have already been a year since the Timeline layout began. Either way, I was scrolling through my page and found an old Note. Notes were popular back in 2008 I guess, since that's when mine were from. I deleted the others as they were not important, but was excited to find a small piece of the third book I wrote (but never completed) called "Nearly Prominent". The printed copy of my books - which I'm sure I owe my parents around $500 for all the use of paper and ink - were thrown away by myself back in 2009. After the garbage men got rid of everything in the dumpster and I regretted my somewhat impulsive decision, I was told that my dad had the computer reformatted, erasing everything from the hard drive. Unfortunately, I did not have a copy of those estimated 240 page (each) books saved anywhere else. That is my own fault, of course, and hopefully a lesson learned!

Anywhere, here is the only piece I do have left. It does make me want to start writing again, but I can't decide if it's a "healthy" idea, seeing how I have a real husband now and not just a made up "dream guy"- Jeremy Chomsky. I apologize in advance for the rude use of profanity, almost whited out. Since this part of the story really happened (from a different point of view- if that makes sense), I wanted to keep the story legitimate and I think it adds impact.

*******************************************

There was a couple in line in front of us at Dairy Queen tonight. They seemed to be getting along and the girl was laughing at the things her boyfriend was saying. He looked a few years older than her, was heavier with curly hair. Even though I'm not usually physically attracted to anyone overweight, he was still nice looking. The girl looked my age and had really blonde hair, but didn't seem cheerleadery. I liked that. They both had stars on their arms. I wasn't sure if it symbolized anything. The guy had nine star tattoos on his lower left arm and some clover design on his hand. His girlfriend had four stars on her right lower arm, but I'm pretty sure hers were just drawn on with a Sharpie.

I kept watching them as they ordered off the menu, while also trying to decide what I wanted. I sighed a few times, crossing my arms or shifting my weight from one leg to the other. Jeremy got a strawberry cheesecake Blizzard and I got a small chocolate malt. He paid for our desserts while I got back in the waiting line for the employees to finish making our stuff. There was a tall, thin black girl. She seemed happy enough. Or at least she kept smiling. Her teeth were really white.

The star couple became who I watched again. The girl started getting excited about something and raised her voice. I didn't know what she was talking about and the sounds around me began to blur. But I was able to make out the next part.
The guy screwed up his face. "Don't fucking yell at me. I fucking bought you ice cream."
The girl looked kind of scared. "I know. Sorry," she apologized quietly and lowered her head. They stopped talking to each other after that.

Jeremy stood next to me and took my hand. My arm wouldn't stop shaking because I was so cold, which in turn made his arm shake too. Jeremy took his jacket off and helped me slip it on. I kissed him on the cheek, thanked him and kept watching the blonde girl and her boyfriend. They seemed okay and were talking again as they walked out of Dairy Queen. She laughed at something else he said as he opened the car door for her.

"Did you see him yelling at her? He was cussing at her and she looked really unhappy for a moment." My own boyfriend nodded. "Do you think he abuses her? Even more than just verbally?" I asked him.
Jeremy kind of laughed and shook his head. "I'm not sure. I would hope not."
"I hope not too," I agreed.
"You should pray for her tonight. For both of them."
I shrugged as Jeremy pulled a chair out for me then sat down across the table.

*******************************************

Back to real life:
Such a shame that Michael has been working outside all day, meaning he gets hot and likes the house to be cold. But since I've been inside all day, it's "like winter in Alaska without gloves on!" I can't imagine what our next power bill will cost ~ yipes! Michael and Ethan (the director of the severed knee project he is working), just went to Hook Burger for an early dinner. I would have joined them, but recently ate a filling snack while watching the very last episode of The Office. After nine years, I think they ended the show very nicely. Have a great day!!

Right now, I'm thinking about working on something for the month of June. If I can remain committed and strong and dedicated (and supported) to it, I think it will serve for a nice handful of blog posts.

1 comment:

  1. A blast from the past. You certainly did write a lot of stories in the past. It is interesting that you found this story. June sounds intriguing. -D

    ReplyDelete