Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Our Halloween Party

When we lived at the Bala Sands apartment from August 2014 to July 2016, Michael mentioned during both Octobers about how he wanted to have a Halloween/ dress up birthday party, which I thought would be a fun idea. We didn't do it though because we only had a one bedroom apartment (which probably could have still held 10 people for a couple hours) and also there was suuuper limited parking in the complex. I suggested having the people park at Walmart which was right next to the complex and we could pick them up, but Michael didn't like that idea. Last year we were able to have the party with a bigger space after buying our house and parking available along the sidewalks in our neighborhood! 
   Our party at home was on Sunday, the 30th, and we were able to dress up at work. My costumes are usually the most awesome and elaborate and few other employees partake. Since I've been on day shift since last summer and have to get up at 5am, Michael did my makeup the night before and I just slept on my back. Michael and I were Grounders from the show The 100. Not really any characters in particular, but we did copy makeups from Octavia and Commander Lexa. My vest, gloves and wrist cuffs are from the Blood Widow costume. (Note to self ~ post more Blood Widow behind the scene photos. Soon!! Every time I talk about the movie, I barely have any pictures to go back and reference.) I was very impressed with everything Michael made to get his costume looking really cool, especially the head feather and shoulder pieces. I also loved that he wanted so many pictures of himself wearing it. I like when he is proud of his work. That seems to be unnecessarily rare. He also made my cape! Michael's friend Jennifer sewed his skirt.
Tonia (witch), her baby Ashlyn (cat), and Mia (flapper)!

Miriam, Garth, and baby Reece (Lord of the Ring characters)

Jackie (gypsy pirate) and her boyfriend Peter (Dipper Pines from the cartoon "Gravity Falls")

Tonia's husband, Jay, was dressed as a regular man  :p



Here is a riddle for you today: 
What are a ghost's favorite kind of bees?
Boo-bies! Baaahahahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment