Friday, November 16, 2018

Emma's Thanksgiving Cards

   So in case you didn't know.. WE HAVE A BABY!! Well she's almost 18 months now, but with her Meier-Gorlin Syndrome/ primordial dwarfism, she is only weighs 15 pounds and is 24 inches. Her name is Emma McKenzie and she was in the hospital for the first 10 and a half months of her life -- and you can read all about her/our journey through that on the blog I write about her -- but has now been home for almost 7 months. She still currently has a trach and is ventilator dependent, with a G-tube in her stomach and is formula fed solely though there.
   I am writing this post here because two weeks ago when I made the Turkey Hand Card post on her page, Michael felt like there were way too many "photography" pictures of the cards and the photos were not focusing as much on her, so I am moving them to here so they can still be viewed:
 This is my favorite one- the one we will keep. :)

The original post and more picture of Emma on her blog can be read... ---> here! 

  I really love looking at pictures, portrait or landscape photography, and I love depth of field, when something in the foreground or background is blurry, and the main focus being so crisp. I think that if I could have any job besides working at the Sheriff's Office, which I do like, I would definitely still want to work on movies as the 2nd Assistant Director or the BTS Photographer. I was lucky when we worked on Blood Widow that I was able to have both jobs!! However, being paid to blog about our family and take amazing vacations and write reviews about products that we use all the time, like Naomi Davis gets to do, would be more realistic and extra amazing.


Here are a bunch of links to other favorite Canon photos I took before Emma was born:
Dudley Farm with my friends ~ December 2013.
maternity session of my friend Miriam, her husband Garth & their son, Wes ~ January 2016.
Pioneer Village Museum with Peyton ~ February 2016.
Dudley Farm in Gainesville with Peyton ~ August 2016.
The children of my cousin, Jessica, back when she only had three! (She is currently pregnant with baby #5!) ~ August 2016
Meeting my friend Tonia's daughter, Ashlyn, at two months old ~ August 2016.
Fun times at the Florida Aquarium with Peyton ~ September 2016.
The Renaissance Faire where Michael and I rode an elephant!! ~ March 2017
At the Jacksonville Zoo with my nieces, Peyton and Helena ~ March 2017.
Helton Creek Falls, GA during our "Babymoon" ~ April 2017
Our baby shower that my mom through for us and Emma ~ April 2017
And here is a link that has more links to other posts I have written using Canon photos.

   I was recently looking up professional photographers in Orlando and found one woman who photographs kids/ families with special needs, but she charges $550!! The other photographer I found seemed like her pictures weren't any better than mine and her fee was $200 per hour. Wow. We have a Rebel T2i which we got in 2011 after we graduated from Full Sail and I often wish that we had a better, newer camera, but also don't use it enough to justify spending $800. Although sadly that is the equivalent to just two months worth of Emma's formula. Yikes! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment