Monday, November 21, 2011

Moving Forward

I got the most important things done yesterday. I took a new set of pictures and emailed some well known on-set photographers. I have already gotten replies from Jaimie Trueblood (Transformers 2, The Green Hornet, a few recent episodes of America's Next Top Model), John Bramley (Breaking Dawn, I Am Number Four, Spider Man 2 & 3) and Kimberley French (New Moon, Eclipse, Brokeback Mountain). She suggested that I read the book "Movie Photos: a Definitive Guide to Movie Photography" written by Alex Bailey, (Hanna, Sherlock Holmes, Hugo) another photographer I emailed. Unfortunately, the book is around $100 on Amazon, even used! Kimberley did, however, attach a 27 page document worth of published interviews and notes by herself and other experienced on-set photographers. I did learn a lot of things. Like how one day I will need to invest in a sound blimp (shutter silencer) which is also very expensive.. $1,000..

No comments:

Post a Comment