Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pine Street

This morning Michael picked up our new 50mm lens we ordered from the office. Then we met Drew and four of his friends from Tennessee at Michael's special make up effects studio (GoreFX). They were all very impressed with his work, specifically Mr. Foster's head from Blood Widow. They asked lots of nice questions, which I'm sure made Michael blush a little. We had lunch at Four Rivers (a yummy barbecue place that I hadn't been to before.. Julie was there too!) and Michael took some pictures of Drew's plaque they had posted on the wall today. During the month of September, he ate their 20 times so he is now an official "Pitmaster". The manager treated us all for free!

At 4:45  Michael and I left to go to the red carpet screening of a web series entitled La Fleur de Mai. After we got parking, since we still has half an hour before the event began, we walked around and took pictures of an area we had never been to before. I thought this Kress building was kind of pretty. The event was held in a small gallery. The owners had left the artwork up for the night and a lot of it involved Muppet characters, such as Kermit the Frog. There were a few of Cookie Monster as well. I got some good pictures, but we were only able to stay about 45 minutes to make sure we wouldn't be any time over 2 hours since all we had was a ten dollar bill. I have to wait to get the "okay" from the event coordinator before I can post any of my pictures from tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment