Saturday, December 3, 2011

Murder of Crows, Day 3

I didn't make the second day of filming. I was confused about the carpool situation, figured I was running too late to meet everyone and went home. Plus since the location was about 40 minutes away (with terrible morning traffic that I'm not accustomed to), I worried I would run out of gas on the way back and didn't have my card to fill up. "An excuse is just a reason wrapped in a lie." That seems to be the only quote of Joyce Meyers' that I have memorized. I feel like its stuck for a reason..
Anyway, I made sure to leave extra early yesterday and took BTS for about 4 hours. Everyone was nice. The director, Damon, said "hi" to me when I got there. I felt more relaxed yesterday, maybe because I knew the students just a bit better, but there is still a part of me that holds back. I feel like I'm stalking the crew members and actors, trying to capture still frames of their personal "down time" between takes, since I can't shoot during rehearsals or actual takes. My shutter is far too loud and distracting for that. If only I were invisible.. I need to be more open and introduce myself. I did have a couple guys by the sound mixer who asked me to take their pictures. This particular fellow, Joshua, was half posing for me, but it ended up being one of my favorite shots. I did like the location shots far better than on the sound stage. More area to move around, more characters, a full ballroom and not limited to a hallway. You can see the rest of my Behind the Scenes photos here.

1 comment:

  1. I like this photo too. It looks casual, relaxed, and enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete