Thursday, May 31, 2012

Food Truck

Michael and I just got home from a food truck gathering in Winter Park, which was next to a bar called Tom & Jerry's. I took that photo for Grandpa! We met Sana and a few other people from the Sheriff's Office there at 6:30pm. (Yes, these are new skirts!)
I was hesitant at first when I was invited last week due to the shooting of an old lady working at a food truck five weeks ago in another part of town. Nothing bad happened today though. PHEW! There were about fifteen or twenty trucks all with different foods: alligator tails, hot dogs, snow cones, Swedish entrees, empanadas and smoothies. 
 It was hard for me to decide what I wanted. Each truck only had about five or six items on the menu. I should have gotten a dessert crepe. I'd like to try that one day, but ended up purchasing Cajun pork stuffed into a crescent roll shaped like a tornado. I didn't eat much of it. Too spicy for me especially with all the horse radish on top and Michael's talk of food poisoning risk wasn't super helpful. However, the mango kiwi smoothie at another truck was pretty good. Tonight was.. an experience, but probably one I would neither repeat nor recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment