Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Editorials

I've been watching Australia's Next Top Model lately. Unfortunately I can only find the most recent season online, but did find a website with every "best" picture taken of each girl before they were eliminated, as well as other work they have done outside of the show. I am a huge fan of editorial photos - the ones that get published in magazines - where the girls (or guys) are wearing items of clothing that one might not necessarily wear together out in public, but it looks cool and they have on crazy beautiful make up. The main thing for me is to find volunteers who will let me mess with their face and hair..

But today I will probably spend a lot of my day tweaking my favorite pictures from the Ornimental shoot. I deleted all the ones where they were making weird faces while singing, blinking or that just weren't quite in focus. (Which honestly narrowed me down to less than 300 out of the 1,600 - but I did take a ton of repeats and those, later become unnecessary, once I filter through and keep the best ones.) Here is one that I took of Jeff and Donte during one of the takes.

2 comments:

  1. BTS shoot seems to be a job that you enjoyed doing, and I'm sure they truly appreciate the enthusiasm and energy you brought to the set. And this photo shows that not all pictures have to having smiling faces. This is "people at work," and I like it. -D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any takers for your Top Models shoot? Gee I can't believe you have to go through 1600 pics! I know it will turn out GREAT! :) I like the outdoor photo shoots- and I know the BTS people like to get in the photos sometimes too! :) xoxooxoxox

    ReplyDelete