Thursday, October 27, 2011

Self Promotion

I was really excited when I figured out who I was going to dress up as for the Halloween Party. I love Dorothy, but I have worn that dress so much and that isn't me being creative. So luckily I thought of someone else [NO SPOILERS PLEASE]. I'm not sure where the idea came from, but I loved the end result!! Now I just have to think of what food item to make and bring to the party on Monday night. (I don't want to make a habit out of using pictures of myself for my blog, but I can't yet upload any from the topic below. However, they have already been edited to my heart's desire and I am quite impressed with the shots.)

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy; I'm telling you it's going to be worth it." A friend had that quote on her Facebook page and it motivated me enough to push through and finish editing all of the band's music video pictures last night rather than dragging it on throughout the week. Not only am I done and have one less thing to worry about, but I'm proud of myself and now I can push for more creative work each day! I did learn some things towards the end. Like how the process could have been much simpler and saved a load of steps if I had been using Adobe Photoshop CS4 the whole time. Instead I wasted time using 3 different programs.. Oh welllll.. Sometimes we just have to learn the hard way!

2 comments:

  1. You are right - sometimes we take the long road to reach our destination, but it's great when we get there. And you did learn something you can use in the future. You go girl! -D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all those make up supplies! Glad to hear you finished editing your pics. And you learned something new in the process! :) That makes it all worth it! xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete