Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pinching Pennies

I was going through my scrap book papers last week and "re-found" some great ones that I fell in love with. More so than when I bought them, I suppose. They are small journal cards by the company, October Afternoon. I have been nagging Michael to give me some money so I could buy some more because I saw new themes on the website. But he kept telling me no, so I dumped out the jar of coins I had been collecting. I had just over $5.80, mostly in pennies. After counting them twice, I bagged them up and headed to Scrappy Boutique! I kept my price in mind, and got the cards I wanted as well as two other cute pieces of double sided 12 x 12 paper. My total was $5.19 ~ Yay! The ladies trusted my counting skills, so I didn't have to count out the pennies a third time. These are the journal cards I got today. (Right click on the photos & zoom in for full size!)

2 comments:

  1. What are journal cards? Are they like notepads? Whatever they are, they are cute! Now you are going to have to start saving your spare change again! :) xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you write "Right click on the photos & zoom in for full size", I wanted you to know that it does not work that way for me, using IE9 browser. Do you know if that is a feature of the Apple Safari browser only? -D

    ReplyDelete