Monday, October 17, 2011

Breaking Dusk

Our good friend, Drew Prescott, recently purchased a Lastolite Soft Box and since he needed a test subject, I agreed to volunteer. It was a fun shoot, although I was basically in the same pose for about 30 minutes while he and Julie (his girlfriend, who was holding the Soft Box for him while he took the pictures) tested it in several different positions. I think its strange, yet funny, that in most of the pictures, the water and trees behind me look like a backdrop, as if I was getting these pictures done in the mall! The area was very pretty with amazing houses along cobblestone roads. After the shoot, Drew treated Julie and I to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. (Thanks, again!)


Although I normally prefer pictures of myself smiling, below is my other favorite picture from the shoot, however, it did not include Drew's Soft Box:

You can view Drew's blog here. Today he came over to work on a piece about Michael and how he negotiates wages with clients for Special Make Up FX projects.

*Both photos courtesy of
Drew Prescott.



Click here to read the article that Drew wrote tonight, specifically about Michael's Special Make Up FX company, GoreFX, LLC.

2 comments:

  1. Your dress is very pretty and fits you perfectly! Thanks, Mia :) Drew did a great job on the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that you have put the idea of the backgrounds in my head, that's how I see them now. But it does draw your attention to the Subject of the photo. A very pretty subject! It's nice that you all are sharing your time, talents, and lunch -D

    ReplyDelete