Thursday, September 5, 2013

Gourmet Bow Ties

Tonight after I Skyped my family for my dad's birthday, Michael and I ran some errands and I picked up the last ingredients for the Sausage Rigatoni recipe that I had ripped out of my Self magazine. It's probably my new favorite magazine. Women's Health is second, then Fitness. I learn so much about my body and nutritional facts and exercise. Fashion magazines don't teach me anything!

I recently read about Miracle Rice and really want to try that. They also have it in noodle form and apparently it doesn't have any calories or carbs- how is that possible!? I haven't been able to find it at the grocery store yet. I know you can buy it online in bulk, but I think the minimum price is $32, so I don't really want to do that, although it says they have free shipping.. In this recipe from Curtis Stone (the host of Top Chef Masters on Bravo), he uses short Rigatoni pasta, but I used the Vegetable Bow Tie noodles instead since it's what we already had at home.
Instead of adding onions, I used minced onion and garlic powder. I like the dish a lot and would definitely make it again. Perhaps I can make dinner for my family a couple of nights when I'm visiting around Christmas! Or for Michael's family in the not too distant future. ;) The cilantro surprised me with it's citrus smell and taste, but it didn't ruin the pasta. And it tastes way better hot.

I didn't keep track of how long it took me to make it, I just know I had plenty of time before I had to go to work. My least favorite part.. Doing the dishes, ha! Michael hasn't tried it yet since he went to sleep early, but hopefully he likes it. If not, more for me. There is also a mouth-watering French Toast with Grilled Peaches recipe I flipped through that I'd love to try next. Ugh. =)

** Editor's Note: Michael said he doesn't like the black olives, but the rest is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment