Saturday, January 21, 2012

Yoder-Le-Hee-Hoo!

I want to tell you about my day in Amish Land, Sarasota with Ryan. I needed to spend a day with her before her and Ben leave to go work with the Ringling Bros. How cool! After a 2 and a half hour drive, we ended up at Yoder's Amish Restaurant. There was a bit of a line, but after maybe 20 minutes, we were seated. The menu was pretty big, but I ordered a tuna salad sandwich and Amish Noodles. Ryan got a hamburger (she said it was really good!) and a chocolate pie sample dessert. We had a lady take our picture outside the restaurant. Yoder's also has a gift shop (I got a couple items for my mom & a glass figurine for Mia). Ryan and I both found really cool collage keychain things, but they were kinda pricey for their size. We also went to the market and I got more Strawberry Rhubarb jam and Amish popcorn! After that we drove to Siesta Key beach and walked along the shore for a bit before heading back home. =)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a really fun girls day out! And you found some more Strawberry Rhubarb Jam! Yum!! You should have posted a pic of my sooooo cute kitty!! (I noticed your sweater! ;))! Glad you had such a nice day! Love you! xoxooxox

    ReplyDelete